Integrated Cereal Development Programme ( Coarse Cereal )
1. SCHEME CODE : M.P. ? A-02
2. PROGRAMME NAME : Integrated Cereal Development Programme ( Coarse Cereal )
3. OBJECT OF PROGRAMME : To increase production and productivity of Wheat, Jowar, Bajra and Kodo-Kutki.
4. PRESENT STATUS (Pridiction):
5. ANALYSIS OF LAST THREE YEARS:
Upto December 2002
6.AREA OF OPERATION : All 45 Districts of Madhya Ptradesh.
7. MAJOR AREAS OF CONCERN :
1. Large area under rainfed farming.
2. Inadequate availability of superior quality of HYV seeds suited to area specific farming conditions.
3. Inadequate and imbalanced use of fertilisers, Micro-nutrients & Bio-fertilisers.
4. Lack of area specific technology.
5. Drainage congestion in low lying areas specially in canal commands.
6. Lack of training and extension material to disseminate the available technology.
1. Re-organisation of seed production and distribution system.
2. Greater emphasis on Organic farming, Integrated Nutrient Management extension system.
3. Improvement in irrigation and water management system.
4. Strengthening of training facilities to farmers as well as to the Extension workers.
5. Use of electronic media and better utilisation of publicity system.
9. PROPOSED PROGRAMME COMPONENTS :
1. Under this programme thrust will be on wheat. In Rabi, wheat crop productivity of wheat and other Coarse cereal crops.
2. In order to increase availability of certified quality seeds, subsidy for seed is also included in the programme
3. Low cost production technologies, like use of Bio-fertilisers, are to be popularised through Technology Demonstrations.
4.To counter the Zinc and sulphurs deficiency, subsidy is proposed on use of Zinc Sulphate / Zypsum / Pyrite.
5. To combat the pest and disease attack and reduce the menace of weeds, disease and fungus, seed treatment component is also included.
6. To enhance irrigation facilities and to utilize maximum irrigation potential, distribution of pipe lines on subsidy basis has been included in the programme.
7. State level Workshop shall be held every year to have an interface between Trainers and Extension staff shall be imparted in addition to farmers .
8. Technology transfer from research to farmers and problem of farmers to research,farmers visit and interface at agro-climate level has been included in the programme
9. Weeds are the major problem of cereal crops in kharif as well as Rabi crops,hence subsidy on weedicide is proposed.
11 OUTLAY PROPOSED CONTRIBUTION OF GOI & STATE GOVT.
PROPOSED PROGRAMME COMPONENTS (ICDP-Coarse Cereal)
Physical Targets & Financial Requirements 2003-04