ICAR-Vivekananda Parvatiya Krishi Anusandhan Sansthan
The institute was established at Kolkata (then known as Calcutta) by Padma Bhushan late Prof. Boshi Sen on July 4, 1924 and named it as Vivekananda Laboratory. The Laboratory was permanently shifted to Almora in 1936 and was being run on donations and grants till it was handed over to Uttar Pradesh Government in 1959. On October 1, 1974, ICAR took it over and renamed as Vivekananda Parvatiya Krishi Anusandhan Sansthan. The institute is located at Almora (1600m amsl, latitude 29º35’ N, longitude 79º39’E) in Uttarakhand hills with its experimental farm at Hawalbagh (1250 m amsl, latitude 29º36’ N, longitude 79º 40’ E).
Basic, strategic and adaptive research for improving productivity and quality of important hill crops with emphasis on conservation and efficient utilization of natural resources
Development of post-harvest technologies for value addition
Dissemination of technology and capacity building on hill agriculture
Mall Road, Almora -263601 Uttarakhand (India ) Phone: 05962 230 208