Farm Mechanization Program
1. SCHEME CODE : MP-A-08
2. PROGRAMME NAME : Promotion Of Farm Mechanisation In Madhya Pradesh
3. OBJECT OF PROGRAMME : To promote Farm Mechanisation Work in M.P.
4. PRESENT STATUS :
1. The growth of use of improved agricultural implement is less amongst small farmers
2. Popularisation of pow er drawn equipment in the state is much less in comparison to other states.
3. Tractor density in the state is far below the national average as well as to other states.
4. Farm power availability in the state is far below the national average.
5. 5. ANALYSIS FOR LAST THREE YEARS :
Total Amt. Available
· · Expenditure upto Dec. 2002
6. AREA OF OPERATION : All the 45 districts of the state.
7. MAJOR AREAS OF CONCERN :
Use of conventional and traditional implements.
Many farmers are reluctant of using improved equipments.
Agricultural labour is not available for seasonal operations due to industrial developments and demands very high and unjustified wages.
8 INTERVENTIONS :
1. Replacement of conventional and traditional implements.
2. To discourage the use of timber in manufacturing of agricultural implements and to promote the use of alternative materials.
3. To reduce the physical labour and drudgery.
4. To reduce the losses in different agricultural operations.
5. To encourage the efficient and judicious use of seeds, fertilisers and insecticides etc.
6. To complete different farm operations efficiently in comparatively less time withlower investment.
9. PROPOSED PROGRAMME COMPONENTS :
EXPLANATION IN SUPPORT OF COMPONENT
Distribution of Improved agricultural
bullock-drawn implements and hand
For effective monitoring and implementation, there should be only
one scheme against the present
approach through a component in
Distribution of Power Tiller and Power operated improved agricultural equipment
Distribution of tractors upto 35 HP
10. JUSTIFICATION :
By using improved agricultural implements productivity can increase by 15 to 20%.Further it saves labour, time and money.Reducing man-hours and enhancing the power availability per hectare.Accrual of additional income by custom hiring of tractors and high value equipment.
11 OUTLAY PROPOSED CONTRIBUTION OF GOI & STATE GOVT.
12. PROPOSED PROGRAMME COMPONENTS
Physical Targets & Financial Requirements 2003-04
Improved Bullock Drawn Implements & Hand Tools
25%of the cost
Power Tiller & Power Operated improved equipment Post Harvest Equipment
25%of the cost
Tractor up to 35 HP
GOI Share 90%
State Share 10%