Balance and Integrated Use of Fertilizers
1. SCHEME CODE : MP-A-04
2. PROGRAMME NAME : Balanced and Integrated Use Of Fertilizers (BIUS).
3. OBJECTS OF PROGRAMME :
1. To promote the balanced & Integrated use of fertilizers.
2. To ensure effective quality control of fertilizers.
3. To assess the availability of micronutrients in the soil.
4. On the basis of analysis of micronutrient availability in the soil, adoption of promotional activities for application of micronutrient in the soil.
4. PRESENT STATUS:-
a. Use of fertilizers in terms of nutrients in M.P. is N 29.21, P 15.75 & K 2.17 Kgs per hectare (1997-98) . It is evident from the figures that consumption of 'K' is very poor as compared to 'N' & 'P' .According to studies and experience it is found that due to less use of ?K?, the productivity of crop is not increasing at desired level. The crop like Soybean, Paddy and Groundnut are giving very good response to zinc,sulphur and rock phosphate etc. This indicates that special emphasis is to be given for promotion of balanced use of fertilizer and also use of micronutrients.
b. The consumption of fertilizer particularly mixture and complexes is increasing very fast. The Quality control facilities are very limited in the state . There are only five quality control labs in the state. Soil testing facilities are also insufficient. Strengthening of existing soil testing facilities and fertilizer testing , as well as creation of the facilities for analysis of micronutrients in the soil has become necessary.
ANALYSIS OF LAST THREE YEARS:
Rs. in lakh
Total Amt. Available
* upto Deceber 2002
5. AREA OF OPERATION :- All 45 districts .
6. MAJOR AREAS OF CONCERN :-
1. Promotion of balanced and integrated use of fertilizers.
2. Insufficient quality control facilities for fertilizers and Micro-nutrients.
7 INTERVENTIONS :
1. Strengthening of existing laboratories.
2. Training Programs.
5 PROPOSED PROGRAMME COMPONENTS.
EXPLANATION IN SUPPORT OF NEW COMPONENT
Strengthening the existing fertilizer testing laboratories.
To facilitate the laboratories for purchase of required chemicals, glass-ware and equipment for efficient working
Strengthening the existing soil testing laboratories.
To make available the required chemicals , glass-ware and equipment for efficient working as well as quick analysis of samples.
Scheduling large training program for quality control, compost making, use of biomas, use of fertilizer and soil testing.
10. JUSTIFICATION :
1. At present we have four fertiliser testing laboratories analyzing approximately 8000 fertilizer samples every year. The state had consumed about 32-35 lakh tons of fertilizer in the year 1998-99. The share of one fertilizer testing Laboratory on consumption basis comes to about 6.00 lakh tones of fertilizer. The fertilizer consumption in coming years is expected to increase by 25%. For proper & effective quality control the efficiency of the quality control laboratory is proposed to be increased by facilitating them with supply of chemicals, glassware's and other necessary equipment's in the sufficient quantities.
2. Quality control training program for extension workers as well for dealers and farmers is a prime requirement of the day. Effective training program once a year in each district is proposed to be organised.
11 OUTLAY PROPOSED CONTRIBUTION OF GOI & STATE GOVT.
PROPOSED PROGRAMME COMPONENTS
(Balanced & Integrated Use of Fertilizers)
Physical Targets & financial Requirements 2003-04
Strengthening of Fertilizer Testing Lab :
Strengthening of soil Testing Lab:
Soil Testing & Fertilizer Quality Control Training
GOI Share 90%
State Share 10%