|Pre-sowing seed treatment |
- Remove all discoloured seeds and use only normal coloured seeds (black coloured in blackgram).
- Do not select bruchid infested seeds for sowing.
- If the presence of hard seed percentage exceeds more than 10 %, scarify the seeds with commercial H2SO4 for 2 min.
- Both for the garden and dry land ecosystem, harden the greengram seeds in 100 ppm MnSO4 for 3h in a seed to solution ratio of 1:0.3 and for blackgram seeds in 100 ppm ZnSO4 for 3 h in a seed to solution ratio of 1:0.3 and dry back the seeds to original seed moisture content (8 - 9%) under shade (or)
- In blackgram, fortify the seeds with ZnSO4 0.2%, MnSO4 0.2% and Na2MO4 0.1% in 1/3 volume to enhance the field establishment under irrigated conditions (or)
- In both the crops as organic treatment, soak the seeds in 3 % cowpea sprout extract for 3 h in seed to solution ratio of 3:1 ratio.
- In mine spoils, soak seeds with 100 ppm ZnSO4 for 3 h in seed solution ratio of 1:1 and coat with black polykote @ 3 g/ kg + carbendazim @ 2g / kg + dimethoate @ 5 ml / kg+ DAP @ 30 g kg-1 + micro nutrient mixture @ 20 g / kg + Rhizobium @ 30 g / kg suitable for mine soils