What to do?
•Farmer can get the price information of their produce available on Agmarknet website (www.agmarknet.nic.in), through Kisan Call Centres or SMS.
• Harvesting and threshing should be done at appropriate time.• Proper grading, packing and labeling should be done before sale for better prices.
• Transport of produce at proper market/mandi for getting remunerative price.
• Storage of produce should be done for sale during off season for maximum profit.
• Avoid distress sale.
• Farmer in a group can form marketing cooperatives for better marketing facilities.
• Marketing cooperatives can open retail and wholesale outlets.
• Farmers can also operate cold storages and warehouses to store the produce in order to avoid distress sale.
|Scheme Name||Type of Assistance||Pattern of Assistance|
|Development/Strengthening of Agricultural Marketing Infrastructure,|
Grading & Standardization
|• For rapid development of infrastructure projects in agriculture and allied sectors including dairy, meat, fisheries and minor forest produce |
• To develop marketing infrastructure to cater to the post-harvest requirement of production and marketable surplus of various farm products.
|• 25% of the capital cost of project up to ₹ 50 lakh on each project.|
• In Hilly or Tribal areas or SC/ST entrepreneurs and their cooperatives, subsidy shall be 33.33% of the capital cost up to ₹ 60 lakh in each case.
• No proper ceiling on subsidy in respect of projects of State agencies.
|Gramin Bhandaran Yojana : A Capital Investment Subsidy Scheme for|
Construction/Renovation of Rural Godowns
|Go down capacity from100 Mt to 30000 MT (50 MT for hill areas) • For all farmers |
• For woman farmers, their Self Help Groups, Cooperatives, SC & ST entrepreneurs.
• For other categories
|• 25 percent subsidy of capital cost|
• 33.33 percent subsidy of capital cost
• 15 percent subsidy of capital cost