What to do?
1. Resort to deep ploughing during summer season.
2. Use pest resistant varieties of crops (such as BT Cotton) etc. and manage pests by adopting crop rotation, inter-cropping, trap-cropping.
3. Use light trap/sticky traps.
4. Use parasites and predators for biological control of the pests.
5. For controlling insect pests, use Sex Pheromone trap, Nuclear Poly-Hydrosis Virus (NPV), Pseudomonas and Trichogramma card.
6. Promote the use of organic and neem-based insecticides.
7. Use chemical pesticides only if the above listed measures are not effective, that too as per the recommendations of the experts
|Scheme Name||Type of Assistance||Pattern of Assistance|
|Accelerated Pulse Production Programme (A3P)||Support for Fungicides for seed treatment , pesticides, bio-control agents, NPV (Virus), organic pesticides, pheromone trap etc. for Pulse production||Upto ₹ 860 to ₹ 1450 per unit per hectare.|
|Integrated Scheme of Oilseeds, Pulses, Oil palm and Maize (ISOPOM)||Support for demonstration of Integrated Pest Management in farmers’ fields.||"Maximum limit per hectare Mustard – Trichoderma, Neem –₹1500 Groundnut- Trichoderma, Chrysoperla, NPV, Neem – ₹ 1627 Soyabean – Trichoderma, NPV, Neem – ₹ 1500 Sunflower – Trichoderma, Chrysoperla, NPV, BT – ₹ 1230 Maize – Trichoderma, Chrysoperla, BT – ₹1480.|
|Demonstration of Integrated Pest Management on farmers’ field.||₹ 22,680 per demonstration|
|Distribution of insecticides and weedicides,||50% of the cost or ₹ 500 per hectare (whichever is less)|
|Macro Management of Agriculture (MMA)||"Seed Treatment: a. Manual seed treating drum b. Seed treating material||₹ 800 or 25% subsidy, whichever is less @ 25% subsidy or Rs 50 per hectare whichever is less|
|Supply of bio-agents/bio-pesticides||25% of the cost limited to ₹ 500 per ha|
|National Food Security Mission (NFSM)||Distribution of plant protection chemicals and organic pesticides in paddy crop.||50% of the cost or ₹ 500 per hectare (whichever is less)|
|Distribution of Integrated Pest Management chemicals and organic pesticides in pulse production.||50% of the cost or ₹ 750 per hectare (whichever is less)|
|National Horticulture Mission(NHM)||Integrated Pest Management in horticultural crops.||Limited to 4 hectare per beneficiary @₹ 1000 per hectare.|
|Special programme on Oil Palm Area Development||Support for IPM, pesticides, Integrated Nutrient Management, Fertigation, Tree Guard etc.||50% of the cost limited to ₹ 5000 per hectare|
|Technology Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture in North|
Eastern States, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and
|Integrated Pest Management in horticultural crops.||Limited to 4 hectare per beneficiary @₹ 1000 per hectare.|