Dry Seeded Upland Rice
- There are small batches in and around Dharmapuri district. Rainfall availability in these tract is better than the rainfed rice cultivated in other parts of Tamil Nadu. There is no bund to stagnate the water. Moisture availability is there but crop growth depends on the nutrient status.
Other Cultural practices
- As recommended to semi-dry rice
- Nutrient may be split applied depending up on the growth.
- LCC based N application is more suitable for this tract.
- Use of PPFM-Pink Pigmented Facultative Microbes (seed treatment @ 0.2 kg / 5 kg seeds, soil application basal @ 2.0 kg/ha and foliar spray@ 500 ml/ha at PI & flag leaf stages)for mitigation of terminal drought is recommended.
- Blackgram for every four rows of rice.
- Grain yield depends up on the moisture availability and nutrient status.