Soil & Moisture Protection
- After cutting the kharif crop, spray the straw or leaves in the field for moisture protection so that the moisture content of the field can not be avoided. S technique is called mulching. This technique can be adopted immediately after sowing.
- Classification of the land according to the watershed. Management of land and water can be done properly through its proper use.
- Land management includes Contour Dam, Terrace and Strip Croping.
- Water management includes alley plugging, percolation tanks and check dams.
- Keep the rain water in the pond or bundle it with this water. This water can be saved from dryland. After irrigation of Rabi crops, partial irrigation can be done.
- Immediately after harvesting kharif, rabi crop should be done so that the germination of Rabi by moisture remaining in the soil.
- In the rocky soil, plant trees or trees like black shisham, ber, bell, jamun, jackfruit, shiraif and fodder.
- Paddy, groundnut, soybean, gundali, corn, arhar, urad, sesame, kulti and madua in the high-land cultivation should be planted in Kharif.
- In Rabi, apply Tissi, Kusum, Chana, Masoor, Tori or Rye and Barley.
- The following two cropped crops are recommended in dry farming:
Arhar - Corn (one - one line, both, distance: 75 centimeters from row)
Arhar - Tide (One - One Row both, Distance: 75 centimeters from row)
Arhar - peanut (two lines of pulse at a distance of 90 cm, between it three seed peanuts)
Arhar-Gonda paddy (two lines of tur, 75 cm away, between it three line paddy)
Arhar - Soya bean (two rows of aur 75 cm away, between the two row soybean)
Arhar - Urad (two lines of 75 cm distance, between this two row urad)
Arhar - Bhindi (two lines of 75 cm distance, between this one line)
Paddy - Bhindi (two row after two row paddy)
- Start sowing of kharif crops as soon as the monsoon is admitted. Also add crops that are ready in 90 to 105 days. As soon as Hemi constellation starts, sowing of Rabi crops starts.
- Give nitrogen, phosphorus and potash in recommended quantities in kharif crops. Also use Vermi Compost. This increases the water-growing capacity of the field.
- After plowing, free the farm from the weeds and if necessary, use the saffron in 1 to 2 days after planting.
Source: Agriculture Department , Jharkhand Government