Rice Tungro Virus: RTV
Causal Organism:The virus is transmitted by the Green leaf hopper.Symptoms:
- The diseased plants exibit orange yellow discolouration of leaves from the tip downwards.
- The young leaves show mosaic mottling. The plants are dwarfed with poor tillering and become sterile.
- Grow resistant varieties like IR-20, Ratna etc.
- Spray Dyzinon a.i. @ 1.5 Kg/ha 5 times. First spray10 days after sowing and rest after transplanting at 15, 30, 45 and 60 days.
- Use light trap to attract and control the leaf hopper vector.