Monitoring for Pest & Disease
- Community level monitoring to know change in destruction and abundance of pest.
- Organise regular pest monitoring and assess bio control potential at every 5 to 10 km distance at 12 spots/ha and 5 plants/spot selected randomly.
- Light traps should be installed and operated after sunset for 2 hours for monitoring the moth and jassid population.
- Deep ploughing to reduce the population of insect pest and nematodes.
- Synchronised sowing.
- Timely sowing and proper seed rate ( 5 kg of seed /ha)
- Grow resistant/tolerant varieties.
- Timely irrigation to maintain good crop stand
- Treat the seed with Trichoderma viride @ 4 gm/kg of seeds.
- Use bio-fertilizers Azospirallum and Phospho bacteria as recommended.
- Seed treatment with Agrimycin - 100 (250 ppm) or Streptocycline suspension 0.05% for 30 minutes for bacterial leaf spots.
- Crop sanitation and weeding.
- Foliar spray with Mancozeb 1.125 -1.5 kg a.i/ha in 750 lit water for dry root rot.
- Rogue out diseased infected plants.
- Collection and destruction of larvae.
- Use light traps for monitoring of lepidopteran pests.
- For bacterial blight and leaf spot apply foliar spray of streptocycline (500 ppm)
- For seedling blight and alternaria leaf spot, spray 0.2% mancozeb or carbendazim 0.05%.
- For powdery mildew, spray 0.2% sulphur.
- Clip the galls, pick and burn the shed buds.
- Rogue out the phyllody affected plants.
- Spray crop at the bud initiation stage with Dimethoate 0.03%
- Uproot and destroyed phyllody affected plants.
- Spray Quinalphos 0.05% or Dimethoate 0.03%.