1) Keep all aerial and ground application equipment maintained and calibrated using appropriate carriers.
2) Do not make aerial or ground applications during temperature inversions.
3) Make aerial or ground applications when wind speed favors on-target product placement (about 3-10 mph). Do not apply when wind is faster than 15 mph.
4) For aerial applications, mount the spray boom on the aircraft to reduce drift caused by wing tip or rotor vortices. Boom length must not exceed 75 percent of wing span or rotor diameter.
5) When using pyrethroid insecticides, do not apply by ground within 25 feet or by air within 150 feet of lakes, reservoirs, rivers, permanent streams, marshes, natural ponds, estuaries, commercial fish ponds, or other bodies of water. Increase the buffer zone to 450 feet when ultralow volume (ULV) applications are made. Be sure to observe all other label restrictions regarding drift precautions for pyrethroids and all other insecticides.