CASTOR-Tips for higher yield
- Always use quality seeds (certified hybrid/variety seed) procured from authorized agencies.
- Avoid continuous cropping of castor year after year in the same field, particularly in the wilt endemic areas, and adopt at least 2 year crop rotation.
- Sow the crop with first monsoon rains by measures to control red hairy caterpillar.
- Treat the seed with recommended fungicides before sowing to ward off wilt and root rot diseases.
- Adopt recommended cultural practices
- Apply recommended fertilizer dose to ensure better crop nutrition and yields.
- Adopt need-based measures for managing diseases and insect pests.
- Harvest the crop at appropriate time.