You can find additional information on the project’s blog. Questions should be directed to Jill Lucht at or 573-884-3185. Applications are due May 31.
1. Name, address, phone, email address:
2. Are you available for all of the dates required*?
July 26-30, 2011 St Louis
August 28-Sept 2, 2011 Vermont
October 4-8, 2011 Kansas City
Nov 29-Dec 2, 2011 Columbia
When we meet in Missouri, our program convenes on Tuesday evening and runs through Saturday morning. The Vermont dates are inclusive of travel time.
3. Why are you interested in participating in The Entrepreneurship Project? (Please describe your interest in approximately 100 words.)
4. What are you hoping to learn in The Entrepreneurship Project (approximately 100 words)?
5. Are you currently involved in farming? If YES, tell us about it.
6. Are you currently employed in a non-farm career? If yes, tell us about your current field.
7. Are there any particular small farm entrepreneurship opportunities (type of production, marketing, etc.) that you are interested in?
*The Entrepreneurship Project is pleased to underwrite the majority of costs associated with the four instructional modules, including hotel rooms, airfare to the Vermont-based module, and the majority of meals during the modules. If a participant is unable to attend a module, the Entrepreneurship Project may still be billed for plane tickets, lodging, and other expenses. Therefore, we ask all persons accepted into the program to keep a credit card authorization form on file in the fiscal office of Department of Agricultural Economics at The University of Missouri. Your credit card information will be stored in a locked, secure location until you complete The Entrepreneurship Project. After your graduation from the program, your form will be shredded. Your credit card will only be charged if you fail to participate in the four modules.
This project is supported by the Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program of the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, USDA, Grant # MO-SSCG1163.