Modern Dairy Farm Management Training Programme
The unique courses designed, developed, and offered by Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Baramati in partnership with DeLaval is an operational form of the following philosophy about leading and managing Dairy Farm :
- Managerial effectiveness is enhanced if the managerial competence and skill development activity is viewed in the perspective of the total dairy farm
- Farm productivity, effectiveness and development is facilitated if dairy farm managers are exposed to learning opportunities and situations that simulate decision-making, diversity of perspectives and activities, and responsibilities of teams.
The program is designed to meet the developmental needs of dairy farmers / managers. Kindly note that the medium of instruction is English.
The objectives of the programme are to allow participants to explore and develop insights about successful running of a modern dairy farm.
The programme is divided into several interdependent modules each of which focuses on a different aspect or function of Modern Dairy Farm management. Details of programme is available at below link
Broadly the programme will focus on the following modules:
- Selection of Dairy cow & buffaloes
- Design & Planning of a commercial dairy farm
- Housing management and cow comfort for improved productivity
- Nutritional management and feeding a dairy cow / buffalo for maximizing profits
- Intensive fodder production
- Silage making
- Total Mixed Ration
- Mechanization at Dairy Farm : Milking Machines and Parlors
- Reproduction in cattle & buffalo & reproductive disorders in dairy animals
- Preventive health care against important diseases of cattle and buffaloes
- Introduction to milk Processing Equipments
- Economics of Commercial Dairy Farming
- Key Performance Indicators in Herd Management
Pedagogy and Learning Environment
A mix of pedagogical tools will be used – discussions, presentations, audio-visuals, and experiential exercises.
Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Baramati provides an excellent learning ecosystem which includes diversity
among the programme participants, and the faculty community residing in the campus.
The programme will be offered by a team of faculty members with functional and cross-functional experience. All faculty members have high quality academic track record, teaching, research and exposure to Modern dairy farm problem solving situations.
Distinguished leaders from organization and academics will be invited for interactions with the participants. The programme will be coordinated by Dr. Ramraje Patil.
Venue and Accommodation
The programme will be held at the Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Baramati, Shards Nagar ; At Post Malegaon Kh., Tal. Baramati Dist- Pune (Maharashtra), Pin-413115. Phone: 91- 02112-2552 07/27. Participants get shared room accommodation (4 Persons in one room) on the institute campus.
₹ 15000/ per participant The fee includes tuition fees, teaching materials, boarding and lodging including all meals and tea breaks.
The programme fee can be paid by Demand Draft. The DD along with the Program nomination form should be sent to the address mentioned below . The DD should be in favor of “Agricultural Development Trust, Baramati”, payable at Baramati or Pune
Course Fee Facilities Remarks
Including 18% GST
( ₹ Fifteen
|Includes all Expenses|
Nominations and Inquiries
Participant nominations with DD and filled up nomination forms should reach us at the earliest.
Institute norms do not allow anyone to stay with the participants during the programme.
For nomination forms and more information, please contact:
Dr. Ramraje Patil
DeLaval Pvt. Ltd , A-3 Abhimanshree Society , Pashan , Pune, Maharashtra 411 008
Phone: 91-20-6721 8200 • Mobile : +91-99700 89448